Thursday, April 12, 2007

Chapter 10

Finally at about 4:30pm the phone did ring, and yes it was him. It was during this phone call that he said he had vivid memories of me in that white dress.

We spoke for sometime about life and work and family and whatever else we could think of. It was as if we had never been apart. The conversation flowed so easily and comfortably.

Throughout my life I would only hear from him sporadically but when I did it made all those months of no contact so worth it. After that call I didn't hear from him again for about 6 months, so when my phone rang late one night and I picked it up to a very drunken Jon who simply said “Hi”, I knew the voice instantly but considering I was just about to climb into bed with my husband I played a little dumb and asked who it was. He told me he wouldn’t tell me who it was but he did say that it was someone who wanted to ravish my breasts. I was absolutely horrified. Since I had been married no-one had ever spoken to me like that, not even my husband! I promptly hung up the phone and climbed into bed with my husband very embarrassed. I was thankful for the light to be turned off.

Chris, my husband asked me who it was; I told him I had no idea. Although I knew exactly who it was because I would know that voice anywhere, I didn’t need to be told who it was. If I didn't hear that voice for 20 years I would still know who’s it was the very second I heard it.

I smiled myself to sleep that night. And many a night after that one. I can tell you I got quite a buzz out of that little statement even if I didn't know how to respond at the time. I guess I didn't appreciate it until years later. He never called me again after he had been drinking.

One day when I was on holiday he called. I was laying down on the lounge and hubby had just taken the children down to the in ground swimming pool for a cool swim. I had just dozed off when the Cell phone rang. We had diverted all calls from the home phone to the cell phone so that we wouldn’t miss any important calls. At the time I didn't understand how call diversion worked so to my delight at hearing his voice was short lived by the horror of thinking that hubby would know that the call was from Jon. The call would have lasted less than a minute before I told him I had to go. If I only had known when call diversion is in place it only registers from the phone it is being diverted from and not the phone the call originates.

The thrill of getting that call out of the blue was hard to keep under control. It did bring a smile to my lips every now and again

I returned Jon’s call when I got him and explained to him why I couldn’t talk to him. He was less than impressed. But hey, such is life. You can’t please every one all of the time. His disappointment was obvious though which I have to admit was nice.

It must have been about 6 months or more when Tracy and I decided it was time to take another trip, as usual we went to visit her family, but I didn't mind that at the time. Her grandfather was a lovely old man and as usual we went home via Jon’s home. That lovely place on the lake. I parked the car around the corner just like I had done the time before. I walked around to the office and entered. This time there was no nervousness, I didn't sit in the car trying to pluck up the courage or trying to calm my nerves. The 2 lovely men that were behind the desk greeted me kindly. I told them what I was there for and who I wanted to see. I was infact informed that Jon was not in that day. The older of the two gentlemen said that he is at home and at present he is working in his garden., he went on to tell me that he just waved to Jon as he drove past him. The older gentlemen who was most helpful called Jon’s number but there was no answer. Both men said just go by his place he would be happy to see you. They offered me directions and yes I had actually parked my car outside his place, right there over looking the water. That is actually how it came to be known as The Lake House. Long before that movie with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves came out.

I was now faced with a dilemma. Do I just turn up on his door step after all these years or do I ask one of the men to come with me or do I ask them to call him until he answers? On top of these questions was the fact that his wife would possibly be there. I decided to ask them to call again, my excuse being that he may be busy and not want to be interrupted. The younger of the two gentlemen dialed Jon’s number again. As he did so he said to me “You said your name is Sarah didn't you?”

“Yes” I said

He put the phone down and said “There is no need to call; Jon would love to see you”

Taking me by the shoulder he guided me to the door and said “Second house on the right, down the long driveway near the water. Just there where that red car is parked”

My dear friend Tracy followed along behind and once we got out of the line of vision she gave me an excited little squeeze and said “Jon must have mentioned you if they know who you are”

I was now horrified and frightfully nervous. What had he said about me? Who had he said it too? And how much had he told whomever he had told? All of those questions were running around in my head when I made it to the entrance of his property……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jon Bon Jovi Fan Fiction

Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3,

DAY TO DAY. Jon Bon Jovi Fan Fiction

Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14, Chapter 15, Chapter 16, Chapter 17, Chapter 18, Chapter 19, Chapter 20, Chapter 21, Chapter 22, Chapter 23, Chapter 24, Chapter 25, Chapter 26, Chapter 27, Chapter 28, Chapter 29, Chapter 30, Chapter 31, Chapter 32, Chapter 33, Chapter 34, Chapter 35, Chapter 36, Chapter 37, Chapter 38, Chapter 39, Chapter 40, Chapter 41, Chapter 42, Chapter 43, Chapter 44, Chapter 45, Chapter 46, Chapter 47, Chapter 48, Chapter 49, Chapter 50, Chapter 51, Chapter 52, Chapter 53, Chapter 54, Chapter 55, Chapter 56, Chapter 57, Chapter 58, Chapter 59, Chapter 60, Chapter 61, Chapter 62, Chapter 63, Chapter 64, Chapter 65, Chapter 66,

CEST LA VIE. A story with a difference

Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14, Chapter 15, Chapter 16, Chapter 17,

The Contest. Jon Bon Jovi Fan Fic

Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3,
Esteban Guitar Lessons
Esteban Guitar Lessons

Marketing Consultant