Monday, September 24, 2007

Day to Day Chapter 11

Damien interrupted the girls heated discussion about their secrets to let Megan know she had a call and asked if she wanted to take it?

Megan had her hands full so she put the phone on speaker briefly until she was free to hold it.

Damien informed her that it was Jon on the other end, and if she didn’t want to be disturbed during lunch he would tell him to call back.

“Of course I will take his call Damien, why wouldn’t I”

“Megan Johnson Speaking” she said suddenly in a cheeky mood.

“Hi, Megan. Its Jon”

“Jon?” she said playfully “Jon who?” Giving him no chance to answer she smiled and said “Hi Jon, how are you?”

“Excellent, Thank you.”

“Excuse me Jon. Damien, Please remove yourself from this conversation” They both heard Damien disconnect from the call transfer and continued their conversation.

“Hey Gorgeous”, Jon said. “How are you?”

“Can’t complain, have been very busy. What about you?”

“Good. I have a few weeks break starting next week to catch up with some people for the next album. I will be in town for a couple of days and I do believe you owe me lunch.”

Krystal, sitting opposite Megan with her mouth agape couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “Oh my goodness, he just asked you out to on a date”

“No, he didn’t.” Said Megan.

“No, I didn’t”, said Jon before he continued with “Hello Krystal. I believe you had a most enjoyable time at the function the other night.” It was more of a statement than a question as Jon knew more than Krystal knew he did.

“Yes I did, thank you.” She said as her face changed to a light scarlet colour. She was thankful he wasn’t here otherwise she would have turned beet red. “Did you?”

“Yes” he said. It gave me a wonderful opportunity to catch up with some old friends. Isn’t that right Megan?”

“Yes Jon,” Megan said. Sensing that the conversation could become so that she could no longer safely have him on speaker she quickly said ““Now if you will excuse me, I am having lunch with my best friend and I will see you when you come to town. Give me a call a couple of days in advance so I can clear my schedule.”

“I would but General Damien wouldn’t give me your Cell Number”

She laughed and gave him her number before hanging up.

“MEGAN, JBJ just asked you out on a date! How can you sit there so calm? I would be bursting out of my skin if it was me he was asking out to lunch.” She sat for a few seconds smiling and shaking her head before she looked up at Megan and simply said. “You do know he is married don’t you?”

“Of course I know that”

If the truth be told Megans insides were bursting. She was in turmoil. She had no idea where all this was going and it sometimes scared her. There are so many people who could get hurt.

Krystal interrupted her thoughts. “Well all I can say is I wish I was a fly on the wall during that luncheon”


Damien had been searching for about one and a half hours when he found a file in Megans personal fling cabinet entitled ‘Jon’. He pulled it out of its place, being careful to place a marker in its spot so he could put it back exactly where it belonged. Laying it on her desk he opened it. There was a lot of paraphernalia about the band, where they were playing, and where they were going next, when a new album had been announced. When one of them got married or had a child, divorced etc. None of this interested him at all. He was just about to give up when he found a small white envelope that had yellowed slightly with age. It was one of those small enveloped that came with flowers. He opened it carefully,

Megan,

Call me. Thank you.
I had a great time last night.

Jon.

“That’s it?” he said as he finished reading the note twice. “That’s it? I have searched for all this time and I find this?” He carefully put the note back in its envelope.

Looking at the clock he saw that it was 2pm. Megan would be back soon. He removed the marker in the filing cabinet and replaced the file to its rightful place. He pushed the draw to close it, disappointed that his pursuit was as yet unsuccessful, but it wouldn’t shut. No matter how hard he pushed, it wouldn’t shut. It was stuck. Something was stopping it from shutting.

“Great “ He said. “This is just what I need. Good one Damien you idiot. The first time you snoop and you get your sorry self busted” He pulled the heavy draw out to see why it wouldn’t shut. His worst nightmare right now would be to drop the heavy draw full of Megans files that she has so meticulously filed in her own style of filing. One that no one else was ever able to figure out, or worse still to have her walk through the door with it in his arms. As he pulled it all the way out a small pink notebook fell from where it was lodged in the tracks of the draw. He picked it up and replaced the draw before he opened it. Upon opening it he knew he had hit the jackpot. This is just what he was searching for.

“Bingo” he said out loud. “Way to go D”




You are on Chapter 11 of Day to Day
© Cindi – Today 2007

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang! This is getting interesting by the day!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Cindi-today said...

Thanks Jen. It is proving difficult to be honest. Simply because I didn't want to write something derogoratory towards Jon or his family, but still to keep that level of interest there and innuendo. Anyway we will see how it goes.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Jon Bon Jovi Fan Fiction

Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3,

DAY TO DAY. Jon Bon Jovi Fan Fiction

Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14, Chapter 15, Chapter 16, Chapter 17, Chapter 18, Chapter 19, Chapter 20, Chapter 21, Chapter 22, Chapter 23, Chapter 24, Chapter 25, Chapter 26, Chapter 27, Chapter 28, Chapter 29, Chapter 30, Chapter 31, Chapter 32, Chapter 33, Chapter 34, Chapter 35, Chapter 36, Chapter 37, Chapter 38, Chapter 39, Chapter 40, Chapter 41, Chapter 42, Chapter 43, Chapter 44, Chapter 45, Chapter 46, Chapter 47, Chapter 48, Chapter 49, Chapter 50, Chapter 51, Chapter 52, Chapter 53, Chapter 54, Chapter 55, Chapter 56, Chapter 57, Chapter 58, Chapter 59, Chapter 60, Chapter 61, Chapter 62, Chapter 63, Chapter 64, Chapter 65, Chapter 66,

CEST LA VIE. A story with a difference

Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, Chapter 13, Chapter 14, Chapter 15, Chapter 16, Chapter 17,

The Contest. Jon Bon Jovi Fan Fic

Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3,
Esteban Guitar Lessons
Esteban Guitar Lessons

Marketing Consultant